MedExpress Urgent Care Independent Physician Assistant, Worksites in Milford, Morocco
General Position Description:
Provides outstanding patient care and promotes high quality urgent and occupational medicine care services to patients always ensuring a high standard of evidence based medicine is practiced and provided to each patient.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer feel informed, understood and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
MedExpress Leadership Responsibilities:
- Provides clear direction to achieve goals creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement.
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at MedExpress while being resilient and flexible and inspiring and motivating the team.
- Constantly communicates to the team in conjunction with the Worksite Manager; is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments.
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides and manages direct patient care to include but not limited to physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, treatment and chronic condition management. All medically related functions performed by a nurse practitioner are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician.
- Orders diagnostic tests such as x-ray, electrocardiogram and laboratory tests, interprets test results for deviation from normal and performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D;, splinting, suturing, managing infection and wound care.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and refers patients to specialists and relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care and additional information.
- Works autonomously but maintains close working relationships with physicians, other advanced practitioners and other center staff as needed.
- Maintains open lines of communication with the client as well as the MedExpress team.
- Completed training and certification as a Physician Assistant is required. Must be CPR certified. Must meet credentialing requirements.
- Two (2) to three (3) years Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care or ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
- Ability to learn computer software programs and enter and maintain accurate data and statistical information in order to consistently prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Ability to prescribe dosages and educate patients in correct usage.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must meet state requirement for independent practice.
- Pleasant interpersonal demeanor and ability to work with all levels of associates and leadership.
Worksite-based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: travel to other Worksites/Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements and ability to lift 50 lbs.
About the Organization MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly® in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
Competitive salaries and benefits
Flexibility and balance
Appreciation and recognition
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
EOE Statement MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Title: Independent Physician Assistant, Worksites
Category: Healthcare - Provider
Location: Milford, MA (Waters Corp Milford worksite- 34 Maple Street)