Expedia Lodging Content Supervisor in Marrakech, Morocco
In this role, the successful candidate will lead a team of Lodging Content Associates, who look after onboarding of newly acquired hotels and are responsible for quality and accuracy of content for hotel partners on Expedia, Hotels.com brand websites.
The LC Supervisor will ensure work is completed to program standards while cooperating and communicating with sales teams (Market Managers), hoteliers, and colleagues from content, media, star ratings, data management, and localization teams. Successful candidates will also be required to contribute to testing process changes, participate in projects and take on additional tasks as needed, in cooperation with other stakeholders and under the supervision of their manager.
As a people manager, the LC Supervisor will ensure open communication among team members, set clear goals and paths, and have regular meetings with direct reports to check progress.
Fluency in is English is required. This is a full-time and onsite position.
This role will be reporting into the LC Manager for Africa, Indian Ocean & Israel, who will be responsible for the overall strategy and will provide support and guidance to the Supervisor in their people management and operational functions.
- Supervise content creation and related projects for hotel partners in Africa, Indian Ocean & Israelareas include text and amenities, photos, product and location/hotel data
- Supervise team's work to ensure it is completed following defined processes and classifications; manage case escalations with sales partners and hoteliers
- Carry out QC/Case wellness tasks as needed
- Recruit and train or set up training for new hires as needed
- Work with business, localization, and development teams to improve processes and customer service
- Liaise with GSO teams in other locations to keep up to date on process changes and to share best practices
- Manage team documentation and metrics
- Assume other content and project tasks, as assigned by the LC Manager
- Ensure the team works efficiently towards daily targets and team metrics; focus on continuous improvement
- Support the LC Manager and coordinate the team in their absence
Work Experience And Educational Guidelines
- Travel industry experience; hotel experience preferred
- Editorial experience; web-related content experience preferred
- Team-management and/or Project-management experience
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment
- University degree
- Solid understanding of the hotel industry and differing amenities that appear in different types of hotel product
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and quality-control abilities
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Excellent skills in communication, cross-team work, and creative solutions
- Excellent writing, spelling, and grammar skills, with keen attention to detail
- Experience with content databases and management tools
- Engaged commitment to best practices in content management
- Able to complete work to program standards by making independent decisions by applying definitions & criteria
- Excellent skills in MS Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Access a plus
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Salesforce a plus
- Sales/negotiation skills a plus
- Knowledge of photo production, aesthetics and digital media a plus
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time