Expedia Area Manager JET North West Africa in Marrakech, Morocco
The Area Manager is responsible for leading a team that is responsible for the account management, strategy implementation, and planning within an assigned market geography.
As an Area Manager, you and your team will support delivery of revenue and/or acquisition goals, by developing and sustaining strong hotel partner relationships within the assigned area, driving implementation of internal business initiatives, and process efficiencies.
In doing so, you and your team will work with Expedia LPS’ hotel partners to help them maximize the production potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace by smartly utilizing the power of Expedia LPS’ unique data insights, marketing, distribution and revenue management toolset.
- Manage a team including Market Managers, Associate Market Managers, Market Associates in the assigned market.
- Manage a small number of key accounts and/or local hotel chain relationships in designated area/country(s)
- Continuously coach and provide recommendations to direct reports; improve team productivity and effectiveness by building the skills and capabilities of the team members
- Contribute to cross functional Expedia business initiatives; through initiation and planning stages to actively anticipate market impact and roll out plans
- Provide input to senior management in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by delivering consulting services
- Develop & drive sound recommendations based on insights from data analysis to optimize hotels in the Expedia market place and their lodging market overall
- Represent Expedia in the local market, build Expedia’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Promote Expedia’s full suite of products offerings to partners and educate them on the full use of our products and tools
- Lead the execution of overall market business plans to meet or exceed key targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by LPS leadership
- Effectively manage working relationships, team's productivity and morale
- Continuously improve collaboration with other internal functions, within LPS and across Expedia.
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent
- 5-8 years’ experience
- 20 – 30% of travel
- Demonstrated the ability to motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented team, to achieve and set goals
- Lead cross-functional teams successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong project management skills, including multiple projects at a time, prioritize effectively, and to meet deadlines
- Execute market place initiatives with a strong eye on improving margin opportunity, obtaining lodging rates and availability information and driving long term relationships with our supply partners, especially our key accounts
- Ability to influence internal and external decision makers
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including fundamental presentation skills and articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
- Proficiency with Project Management and CRM tools (preferably Microsoft Project and Salesforce). Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to establish and adhere to priorities in a fast pace environment
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, great teammate
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Integrates change processes with organizational business plan.
- Coaches team members in behaviours for personal effectiveness, results orientation.
- Sincere relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains productive and long term internal and external partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills, including demonstrated general problem-solving skills and an intense curiosity to identify trends and ensuing business needs.
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Proficiency in English. Other language skills may be required depending on the location of the position
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Ability to influence direction of decisions even when holding a position contrary to the majority.
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, always seeking to improve team and organizational performance
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented team, effectively managing performance and mobilizing team and resources to achieve or exceed set goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time