MedExpress Urgent Care Training Specialist - Provider/Clinical (Territory: NJ/MA/CT) in Gardner, Morocco
General Position Description:
The Training Specialist - Provider/Clinical, is responsible for onboarding, training, and development of MedExpress providers (Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners) and clinicians (RN/LPNs, MAs, RTs, EMTs). To do this, they will implement, create, maintain, and update provider and clinical training materials and documentation across the MedExpress platform. This may include on-going compliance and regulatory training, new hire training, and professional development training for all provider and clinical staff. The Training Specialist - Provider/Clinical, may also participate and contribute to other various operational training throughout MedExpress.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize virtual training methods and travel to centers to provide training to clinicians and providers, pre and post center opening as needed. This may include new hire onboarding for clinical and provider center employees, professional growth training across the platform, compliance and regulatory training, and new center training as needed.
- Provide training on all areas of clinical and provider operations including policy and procedures, systems, culture, center operations, professionalism and other areas of daily operation.
- Provides train the trainer sessions for peers to expand training team expertise.
- Assists management with evaluation of staff following trainings.
- Provides regular feedback to new hires and management on their proficiency and performance during training
- Provides coaching support to staff pre- and post- center opening to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Assists management with problem solving training (e.g. IT issues, common mistakes, system errors etc.).
- Maintains accurate training records and notes.
- Maintain accurate metrics as required including timely and thorough completion of all necessary program assignments, progress reports and other required documentation.
- Responsible for staying current on all ME policy and procedural updates.
- Works with Training Delivery Manager and Development Manager to review new material, test for functionality, and provide recommendations.
- Assist with updating and creating new and ongoing training content as assigned including presentations, job aids, instructor guides, activities and assessments.
- Make independent decisions to adapt training to the learners needs as required
- Assist with logistics, transportation and coordination of materials, site locations and hardware setup.
- Function as a consultant to platform business partners.
- Will interact with all employees of the Human Resources on a regular basis as well as other cross-functional team-members at the Administrative Offices.
- Will interact with new center employees for training on-site and virtually.
- Will coordinate regularly with IT and center management.
- Will coordinate with senior leadership on training and center updates and concerns.
- Requires a current RN license from the state of residence. Eligible to be licensed or certified in other US States.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Will consider an Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience in formal teaching, presenting and/or training required.
- Working knowledge of: Emergency care, urgent care, and occupational medicine fields; HIPAA, OSHA, HR and billing/coding requirements; state and federal laws governing medical services; and Accreditation Bodies
- Required to maintain continuing education hours as indicated for maintaining individual licensure
- Six Sigma or PMI, or CPLP certification is a plus.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft products required (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Valid driver’s license from the state of residence required
- Experience with presentation skills, instructional design basics, and learning objectives.
- Ability to maintain organized, detailed records and to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to train/present to small and medium size groups, both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships.
- Desire to expand knowledge of training and development industry standards and develop new skill set.
- Non-Center Based. Requires: the ability to sit at a computer for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping) and travel to Centers (if so, the noise level is moderate and there is potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens).
- Work from home when not travelling- must have adequate work space that can be locked, secure, and will not be visible/accessible to anyone in the home.
- Regional Travel requirements – may be up to 80%. Platform-Wide Travel Requirements – may be up to 20%. May require an irregular schedule that changes weekly and monthly based off of travel needs. Training Specialists may be expected to work some weekends and an occasional holiday.
- May require travel to SouthPointe Office – Canonsburg, PA.
About the Organization MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly® in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
Competitive salaries and benefits
Flexibility and balance
Appreciation and recognition
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
EOE Statement MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Title: Training Specialist - Provider/Clinical (Territory: NJ/MA/CT)
Category: Human Resources - Learning
Location: Gardner, MA