MedExpress Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner, Student Health Specialist (Behavioral Health Focus) in Boston, Morocco
General Position Summary
Leads the Center in providing outstanding patient care to students with a behavioral health focus and promotes high quality primary and urgent care services while always ensuring the MedExpress vision and values. Center hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
MedExpress Leadership Responsibilities
- Provides clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement.
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at MedExpress, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team.
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments.
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements new and/or revise existing policies related to behavioral health patient care.
- Works closely with the Student Health Medical Director, Clinical Staff, Center Managers and Director of Clinical Integration.
- Assists with administrative and medical leadership on specific operational needs which may include report generation, attending meetings and strategic planning.
- Assists the Center Managers and Director of Clinical Integration to provide performance feedback for clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Assists medical leadership with staffing needs.
- Assists with clinical care complaints and chart reviews.
- All medically related functions performed by a nurse practitioner are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including assessments, physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses and treatment with a primary focus on mental health, emotional health, behavioral health related illnesses.
- Responsible for the exceptional treatment and communication of care options to every MedExpress patient.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of the latest changes, updates, and literature relating to medical care.
- Monitors the overall level of medical care, which includes reviewing charts, observing staff/patient interactions and offering advice when appropriate.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical charts. (Charts must be locked prior to the end of the shift)
- After consultation with the Student Health Medical Director, oversees patient issues and concerns which may include but are not limited to patient medical care and ensuring that proper steps are taken to resolve any complaints and that appropriate recommendations are made for dismissal when patient issues of noncompliance or substance abuse arise.
- Provides mental health and bevioral care with the appropriate medical oversight.
- Orders diagnostic tests, including but not limited to: x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests ,and with direct medcial oversight, interprets the test results for deviation from normal.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. May be required to supervise ancillary staff.
- Completes the PHQ 2, 7, or 9 and GAD-7 assessments and insures that they are shared with the counseling services with appropriate consent.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical and behavioral conditions and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care options as appropriate.
- Communicates with patients regarding test results and appropriate clinical information as care necessitates and conducts follow-up primary care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
- Works autonomously, but maintains close working relationships with physicians, other advanced practitioners, and other center staff as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications
- A Master's degree (MSN) and certification by one of the Nurse Practitioner certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is required. Must be CPR certified. Must meet credentialing requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as Nurse Practitioner, 3 years preferred in the field of behavioral health.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, retail care, primary care or ambulatory care setting is preferred.
- Clinical experience in behavioral health and or student health is required.
- Pleasant interpersonal demeanor and ability to work with all levels of associates and leadership.
- Exceptional leadership, mediation abilities and nulti-tasking skills required.
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare.
- Working knowledge of:
- Emergency, urgent care, and occupational medicine fields.
- HIPAA, OSHA, HR and billing/coding requirements.
- State and federal laws governing medical services.
- Working with Accreditation Bodies.
- Required to maintain CME hours as indicated for maintaining individual licensure.
- Ability to Learn computer software programs; enter and maintain accurate data and statistical information in order to consistently prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials. Critical thinking skills a must.
- Valid Prescriptive Authority (per State practice requirements) ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: travel to other Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
About the Organization MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly® in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
Competitive salaries and benefits
Flexibility and balance
Appreciation and recognition
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
EOE Statement MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Title: Nurse Practitioner, Student Health Specialist (Behavioral Health Focus)
Category: Healthcare - Provider
Location: MedExpress - Wentworth Institute of Technology – Boston, MA (550 Huntington Ave)